Methylation and MTHFR
Methylation is the process of transferring methyl groups from one molecule to another. Methylation is required for cell division, DNA synthesis, gene expression, neurotransmitter and hormone production, detoxification, and metabolism of homocysteine, a harmful amino acid metabolite linked to increased risk of cardiovascular disease. When Methylation cycles are compromised such as with the dysfunction of the MTHFR (Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase) enzyme, folate metabolism is impaired leading to a host of problems with methylation.
Why these products?
- B Complex vitamins with emphasis on the Methylated forms of B12 and Folate. Our formula contains the correct forms of these nutrients so they actually benefit someone with impaired methylation.
- TMG is a powerful methyl donor. It bypasses the genetic mutation in MTHFR and can lower homocysteine directly. This reduces the need for high dose methylated folate.
- Chlorella contains additional folate and B12 along with a complex array of other nutrient compounds and binders which optimize detoxification.
- Detoxify contains powerful compounds that bind to toxins in the body and lessen the demand on methyl groups needed for detoxification.
- Triphala optimizes bowel function and elimination and promotes regularity for optimized detoxification.
-Turmeric may act as a methylation adaptogen, working to promote healthy methylation or inhibit the process of hypermethylation.
†The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional. You should not use this information for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. Please consult your health care professional if you are pregnant or have any concerns and/or questions about the advisability of using any product(s) offered by Raw Revelations. This information has not been evaluated by the FDA, and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
*Turmeric is contra-indicated during pregnancy due to its powerful blood cleansing properties. All our other herbs have no substantial evidence showing danger at recommended dosages, however, we cannot recommend their use during pregnancy due to a lack of medical documentation for safety. While many of the herbs we offer have a long-standing historical use during pregnancy, we recommend that you consult with your healthcare practitioner before using.