Hair, Skin and Nails
- MSM is organic sulfur, one of the 5 life-sustaining elements. Sulfur has always been revered as the beauty mineral because of how abundant it is in our hair, skin, and nails. With enough sulfur, our hair is soft and pliable, our nails are stronger, our skin is pliable, and our tendons and flexible. Studies have shown that a significant portion of the population is not getting enough sulfur in their diet (R). Sulfur is essential to maintain cellular permeability. This ensures that all nutrients can move freely in and out of the cell as needed. It also enhances hydration and detoxification. The anti-inflammatory nature of MSM can also contribute to healthy joints, skin, hair, and nails (R).
- Eucommia bark’s strength lies in addressing the skeletal structure, tendons, and ligaments. We think of Eucommia like vegan collagen. It enhances the structural integrity, stability, and flexibility of the body. Eucommia has also exhibited photoprotective effects against oxidative stress. It can protect against ultraviolet B radiation, which produces free radicals in the skin and can lead to wrinkling and discoloration. Eucommia has also shown anti-obesity effects (R).
- Chaga is known as the King of Mushrooms and is by far the most beauty supporting. Its highest ranking antioxidant activity makes it very protective for all tissues and organ systems including the skin and hair. Its dark melanin pigments can build up with regular use and impart a slight tanning effect on the skin. The immune and adaptogenic benefits are also world-class, making Chaga an easy pick for regular use.
- Rice Bran Solubles are a stabilized rice bran extract where the fiber and starch is removed and only the nutrient fraction remains. It is abundant in bioavailable B vitamins, and Vitamin E in the form of tocotrienols. We suspect that the tocotrienols are the main nutrient providing the array of benefits that we have observed in rice bran solubles. In addition to an array of over 100 antioxidants, its an easy pick for glowing skin, hair, nails, and much more. We swear that when clients go through a few bags of this stuff their skin is noticeably improved.
- Moringa With over 90 nutrients and 46 antioxidants, moringa is said to be the most nutrient dense plant in the world. It’s no wonder that it supports our health in so many ways. It promotes digestion with its high fiber content and systemic protein-digesting enzymes. Moringa has been shown to enhance skin revitalization and support skin anti-aging (R). It also fights acne and blackheads while improving hair strength and reducing dandruff (R).
- Moringa Serum is extremely concentrated in protective antioxidants and moisturizing agents. Moringa oil is suitable for all skin types and can be applied to the skin, cuticles, and hair.
This area is most important to address when young but often comes back into the picture as a concern of bone and tooth loss later in life. Proper mineralization determines a healthy jawline where all teeth fit properly and straight. Ever wonder why braces and wisdom teeth extraction are so common? Indigenous people rarely had this issue because of proper nutrition. Weston A. Price was an esteemed Dentist that did great work in this area and his key discoveries were the importance of Vitamins A, D and K for Bone and Dental health.
- D3 and K2 are both essential to the proper absorption of calcium. Vitamin D3 and K2 modulate calcium to make sure it is absorbed, transported, and deposited correctly to maintain bones and teeth. Vitamin K2 is especially important because it also blocks calcium from depositing into soft tissues, like arteries (R). This could lead to heart disease (R). The MK7 form of Vitamin K2 has been shown to have the ability to benefit bone health (R). Vitamin D3 needs magnesium present for proper activation once in the body (R).
- Magnesium is a major component of muscles and bones, where most of the magnesium in your body is stored. Working with Vitamin D3 and K2, it helps to ensure the proper absorption and regulation of calcium. It has been shown to boost exercise performance (R) and can be applied topically to age spots. The Magnesium Spray can be used directly on teeth to kill germs, whiten, and strengthen enamel. Our topical magnesium spray begins to absorb into your body immediately upon contact. We can’t emphasize how important liberal daily use of this product is due to its interconnectedness with the majority of the bodies internal processes.
- Schisandra is a highly revered beauty tonic and adaptogen. It is one of the best liver tonics. Our eye clarity and under-eye “puffiness” is directly linked to the liver. Keeping the liver healthy will reflect in the eyes. It also brings benefits to the entire body, including your mood, immunity, and skin. It has been used as a Yin tonic in Chinese medicine to promote soft, radiant skin and detoxification. Schisandra does not stop with promoting beauty on the outside. It has also been proven to have a positive effect on mood and stress (R). Schisandra is available by itself and used in the Super Woman formula as well as the MSM Morning Mix.
- DHA and Astaxanthin Fat-Soluble nutrients like Omega 3’s and carotenoids are the most essential nutrients for the eyes. Our Super 3 contains DHA from Algae and the most potent fat-soluble antioxidant called astaxanthin. Astaxanthin has been found to support capillary blood flow in the eyes and reduce inflammation. It also has a revitalizing and protective effect on our skin by reducing wrinkles and improving elasticity.
That healthy glow is actually related to blood production and circulation. Blood deficiency is commonly discussed in Eastern Medicine and connected to many health problems. Without enough circulating blood and fluids, our tissues lack nourishment, especially our hair and skin. Nutrients and herbs that support blood production are vital to a healthy glow. This includes nutrients that optimize the stomach and ensure proper digestion.
- HCL Low stomach acid, also known as hypochlorhydria, is much more common than people realize. Common signs of low stomach acid are bloating, gas, belching, diarrhea, hair loss, heartburn, parasites, and intestinal infections. This means the food is only being partially broken down which releases gas as the food ferments. With adequate stomach acid, gases do not develop and the food will move quickly out of the stomach to undergo proper nutrient assimilation. Supplementing with HCL during meals is the most efficient way we have found to solve this problem. Digestive bitters, apple cider vinegar, lemon, and ginger also support HCL production and are encouraged but results vary. The foods we eat are also a common problem as most grains and other rich foods absorb many of the limited gastric juices the stomach has available.
- Vitality A traditional Chinese formula that is full of blood building, digestive, and circulation supporting tonic herbs. When the body is stressed even slightly, its digestive capacity is greatly limited. The use of tonic adaptogens like in the formula support the body's vital processes, like digestion, especially during times of stress (R).
- Chlorella Our favorite, truly natural “multi-vitamin,” chlorella supports blood building in a few ways. First, it supplies excellent blood building minerals like iron, chlorophyll, and folic acid. Second, it assists digestion by supporting HCL with its natural pepsin enzyme and other cofactors. Third, it has gentle detoxification properties which support purification of the blood resulting in healthier circulation.
†The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional. You should not use this information for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. Please consult your health care professional if you are pregnant or have any concerns and/or questions about the advisability of using any product(s) offered by Raw Revelations. This information has not been evaluated by the FDA, and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.