Adaptogen Superfood Mix
Bag of Tricks is a synergistic blend of heirloom super foods, food-sourced nutrients, tonic herbs, and minerals. It is a culmination of years of research into the most beneficial tonic herbs for the person who has been overworked, stressed out, hormonally depleted, adrenal exhausted, or neurologically challenged. It is also suitable for anyone who wishes to protect DNA, build Jing, enhance beauty, creativity, energy, stamina, and strength. Imparts a sweet, creamy, malt-like flavor.
What is a Tonic Herb?
There are well over 5,000 thousand herbs documented for medicinal use. Many of these herbs have very specific medicinal applications and much guidance is required in their use. However, there are well under 100 herbs that are classified as a tonic. These herbs have the ability to help the body adapt to stress and modulate its own various systems. They supply unique phyto-nutrients not found in common foods that the body can use to carry out its highest potential for abundant health and adaptation to an ever changing world.
Is this a Multi-Vitamin?
We find that when getting into isolated and concentrated vitamin compounds, there is still so much to learn about their interaction in the human body. From years of experience in nutrition, we have found that focusing on nutrient dense whole foods is always a superior choice. So is this a multi vitamin? No, we think it's better.
When is it best to use?
Bag of Tricks is full of adaptive tonic herbs and lacks caffeine or concentrated vitamin isolates that may over stimulate so it may be used anytime of the day. We suggest adding to smoothies, protein shakes, or hot beverages.
Can this help my workout?
Absolutely! Especially effective when taken 15-30 minutes prior to a workout. We use Red Sage Root (Salvia) Extract in this blend which is a natural nitric oxide booster. Nitric oxide is produced by the body to dilate blood vessels. This helps oxygen and nutrients reach your muscles for increased energy and stamina. The other adaptogens in this formula such as Ashwagandha, Cordyceps, and Shilajit, are highly revered for athletic stamina and strength. The unique carbohydrates supplied by mesquite pod and lucuma fruit keep blood sugar levels stable.
This blend includes:
- Stabilized Rice Bran- High in tocotrienols, which are the most powerful Vitamin E compounds. Vitamin E is concentrated in the adrenal and pituitary glands, muscle and liver. Also high in B vitamins and a wide array of over 100 antioxidants and cofactors including CoQ10, laetrile, glutathione, alpha lipoic acid, as well as an abundance of minerals, protein, and essential fatty acids.
- Lucuma- Lucuma is a subtropical low-glycemic fruit native to Chile and the Peruvian highlands. It is a highly prized flavor in Peru, where it is even more popular than chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. It is very nutritious with high levels of beta-carotene, iron, B-vitamins, calcium, and phosphorous.
- Mesquite- Mesquite pod meal is derived from the seedpods of the mesquite tree from Argentina and Peru. Mesquite has been consumed for centuries and remains virtually unchanged today. It is slightly sweet tasting and contains complex carbohydrates which aid in balancing blood sugar. It is very high in minerals including magnesium, potassium, iron, calcium, and zinc. It is also high in fiber and essential proteins such as lysine.
- Baobab- The massive ancient Baobab tree is native to Madagascar and Africa and can live longer than 5,000 years.
Key Tonic Herbs
- Eucommia- Eucommia bark is one of the most effective herbs addressing the skeletal structure in addition to the tendons and ligaments. It is an outstanding herb to maintain the structural integrity of the body for athletes and exercisers. In addition to its structural benefits, Eucommia has shown to support in the mending of broken bone and torn tissue. It is also traditionally used for the threatened miscarriage or bleeding during pregnancy. It may also support healthy blood pressure. We use a 10:1 water extract of the highest grade Eucommia Bark.
- Cordyceps Mushroom- Cordyceps strengthens the Kidneys, tonifies Yang, nourishes Lung Yin, and strengthens Lung capacity. It also promotes healthy immune function, is considered a longevity tonic, and has an adaptogenic effect on the body. As a Kidney Essence or "Jing" tonic, Cordyceps vitalizes the Yang energy in the body which is responsible for physical energy, sexual energy, mental and creative energy, and structural integrity of the skeletal system. As an athletic tonic, it vitalizes physical energy, increases lung function and endurance, and helps to build muscle.
- Reishi Mushroom- An adaptogenic and longevity herb that helps to support and regulate immune function, protect the cardio vascular system, and support and protect the liver. But perhaps its greatest function is that of a Shen tonic. It is unrivalled in its ability to open the Heart, calm the Spirit, and connect you to your higher self. It enhances wisdom and supports spiritual evolution and insight.
- He Shou Wu- Prized for centuries for its ability to prevent premature aging and enhance longevity and youthfulness. According to Chinese theory, He Shou Wu restores and nourishes the primal energy of the body known as “Jing” or “Essence.” By nourishing that root energy, the skeletal system, the muscular system, and the nervous system are tonified and energized. It nourishes the Yin aspect by building blood, nourishing hair growth and reversing premature graying of hair, and enhancing reproductive function in men and women alike. He Shou Wu has also been shown to increase the body's level of SOD (superoxide dismutase), a critical antioxidant that the body produces to fight free radical damage. Our 10:1 water extract is traditionally prepared in black beans before extraction.
- Sunflower Lecithin- This Non-GMO lecithin is derived from sunflower seeds and not soy. Lecithin contains the important nutrient phosphatidylcholine. Choline is a B-vitamin essential for the function of our nervous and reproductive system, muscle and joint development, brain health, and in particular, mental recall. Lecithin may support healthy cholesterol and triglyceride levels, liver function, weight loss, and cognitition. Choline is also a powerful methyl donor essential for the body's detoxification process. Lecithin works to enhance cell membrane permeability and thus helps cells absorb nutrients in this formula.
- Salvia Root- Salvia adds the important quality of promoting circulation and movement. It plays a critical role in the circulation of Qi and Blood throughout the whole system, and as such, plays an indispensable part in nourishing and rejuvenation of every organ system in the body by promoting the circulation of all the diverse nutrients found in this blend.
- Himalayan Shilajit- Shilajit is a mineral pitch produced from ancient plant matter from high in the Himalayan mountains. Our Shilajit is harvested above 7,000 feet and contains 50% fulvic acid. Shilajit is a rejuvenative herb and an adaptogen. It contains over 80 minerals in ionic form with humic acid and most importantly, fulvic acid. Fulvic acid helps the minerals absorb into the cells while playing the role of a vital electrolyte. It neutralizes toxins and pollutants in the body and chelates heavy metals. Shilajit is one of the best substances to help mineralize the body with a full spectrum of dietary minerals.
- Himalayan Salt- Salt is essential to life and grounds the high energy of this formula and balances all the flavors. Our unique source of himalayan salt is stone ground and is the highest grade available.
Usage: Start with 2 Tablespoons and increase as needed. Best combined with nut milk, latte, smoothie, or protein shake.
Ingredients: Rice Bran Solubles, Lucuma Fruit*, Mesquite Pod*, Baobab Fruit Pulp*, Adaptogen Extract Blend (Goji Fruit*, Reishi Mushroom*, Monk Fruit, He Shou Wu*, Cordyceps Mushroom, Eucommia Bark, Red Sage Root (Salvia), Gynostemma Leaf, Cistanche Stem, Astragalus Root, Schisandra Berry, Rhodiola Root, Shilajit), Sunflower Lecithin, Pink Crystal Salt. *Organic
†The information provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for the advice provided by your physician or other healthcare professional. You should not use this information for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. Please consult your health care professional if you are pregnant or have any concerns and/or questions about the advisability of using any product(s) offered by Raw Revelations. This information has not been evaluated by the FDA, and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.